Dear Friend of FLAME:
At our Thanksgiving table, each of us expressed something we are thankful for. No surprise: I gave thanks for the State of Israel.
When I think of Israel I feel great pride. I hope the miracle of Israel is in your heart as well, as 2016 comes to a close.
I also hope you’ll take a few minutes to consider Israel’s value to you and to the world . . . and hope you’ll choose to help FLAME continue its work of defending and building Israel’s image here in the U.S.
As you know, Israel is set upon by its enemies—and sometimes abandoned by its friends—as no other country. As a pro-Israel advocate, it’s hard sometimes not to feel frustration . . . and even fear.
I often say these are the best of times and the worst of times for Israel’s “brand.” Let’s start with the bad news—the ominous threats to Israel’s existence and its image . . . and what we can do about it.
• First, we’ve seen this week’s devastating wild fires all over Israel—many set by Palestinian terrorists—that are raging and have destroyed hundreds of homes and thousands of acres of painstakingly planted forests. It’s a grim reminder that many Palestinians will not rest until Israel is destroyed.
• Last week France announced it would start mandatory labeling of goods produced in the West Bank and the Golan Heights—all the easier for BDS supporters to boycott Israeli goods.
• A few weeks ago, in a single day, the United Nations General Assembly passed 10 resolutions condemning Israel—more than any other nation has ever received at one time (except last year, when the U.N. passed 20 such resolutions against Israel)!
• And just a few months ago, a misinformed U.S. presidential candidate falsely accused Israel of “disproportionate force” in Gaza in its war against the Islamic terror group Hamas.
• If that isn’t enough, rumors persist that President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry are will soon issue an unwelcome position paper dictating terms of an Israel-Palestinian peace or, worse, possibly support a Palestinian bid for statehood in the United Nations. Outrageous!
As you know, no nation faces more attacks and threats than Israel—in the media, in the U.N., in its treacherous neighborhood and in the marketplace.
Yes, Israel is literally the Jew among nations—hated, criticized and held unfairly and uniquely to an impossible moral standard by many of the world’s people.
No wonder: Israel gets more biased press coverage than any other nation on earth, even though hundreds of states commit more egregious crimes and very few provide their citizens with democratic rights as robust and fairly dispensed as Israel’s.
How can Israel possibly survive all these threats?
Let’s face it: The United States is Israel’s most powerful (and sometimes it’s only) ally—against corrupt votes in the United Nations, as well as military threats from jihadi terror groups like Iran, Hizbollah and Hamas.
Therefore, it’s critical that Americans—especially the President and our congressional representatives—hear and read the truth about Israel in the mainstream media.
That’s where FLAME comes in and where you can help. As you know, FLAME publishes paid editorial messages in media—including college campus media—reaching some 10 million influential Americans every month, as well as direct messages to every U.S. Senator and Representative, the President, Vice President and all our Supreme Court members.
Our editorial-style hasbarah is outspoken in dramatizing the very real threats to Israel’s existence, and our messages powerfully defend Israel’s actions on the world stage.
Over recent months, for example, we’ve published convincing editorials on these critical topics:
• Black Lives Matter’s lies that Israel is committing Palestinian Genocide
• U.N. schools for terrorism, where Palestinian children are taught Jew hatred
• The myth of Israel’s “disproportionate force” against Hamas terrorists
• Why Israel matters to the U.S., and why U.S. aid gives us exceptional ROI
But frankly, these messages cost serious money—nearly every penny of which comes from individual Israel supporters like you.
That’s why, if you’ve ever bemoaned Israel’s “bad PR” or the bum rap Israel gets in media—like the New York Times, MSNBC and NPR—I urge you to help us with your financial support at this time. Just go to donate to help now.
As we enter this period, just before Hanukah and Christmas, our thoughts turn to the two-thousand-year history Jews and Christians share in the Holy Land and the intense emotional bond we both feel for this tiny piece of earth.
Our thoughts should also turn to the miracle that is Israel, and the all reasons we support her today. Israel thrives and inspires because of her amazing technological and economic innovation, her vibrant democracy and her indomitable will to survive in the world’s toughest neighborhood.
But Israel also thrives and inspires because of you and me. Yes, Israel depends on our support . . . and Israel deserves our support. I hope you’ll take a minute right now to donate to the Jewish state—and FLAME—with as much support as you’re able to during this holiday season.
Again, please remember that the overwhelming majority of FLAME’s financial sustenance comes from individuals just like you. One by one, Jews, Christians and unaffiliated alike contribute generously to this noble cause—to help ensure that Israel survives.
So whether you give $1,000 or $500 or $100 . . . or even $50 or $36 or $18—every donation is important—every dollar you contribute helps us keep telling the truth about the inspiring Jewish nation.
Best of all, of course, your donation is tax-deductible.
Won’t you act now to make your donation online? Just go to donate now.
Thanks in advance for your year-end generosity and your continued support of FLAME’s good work.
President, Facts and Logic About the Middle East (FLAME)